Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Super Mom

Today I feel a little like super mom. I don't feel like this very many days so I think it is okay to feel like it every once in a while. I subbed in the kindergarten class all morning, home schooled Naomi, tutored a new second grade student, made baby food while cooking dinner and feeding Carter, dinner is in the oven and the kitchen is somewhat clean. I love days where I feel very productive. Now yesterday on the other hand...I was literally home ALL DAY, and yet I felt the complete opposite of super mom!!! Carter was cranky, neither of us got out of our pj's all day, the house was a disaster from my little 10 month terror (I only mean because he is into EVERYTHING), Carter decided on two different occasions that he didn't want to nurse (which broke my heart), our washer went crazy and I am just praying it isn't broken, I stepped on a block barefoot and seriously didn't think that could hurt as bad as it did, and didn't even come close to making dinner. How is it that on a day I am home all day with nothing to do I fell apart but on a super busy day like today, I got so much accomplished and felt great about everything? Oh well, such is life! And I am so thankful for my life!

Oh and just so you know, nights are still going great! We had one night he woke up at 4:45 and I ended up feeding him (go ahead, you can judge me) and then one night he woke up at 2 but went right back to sleep after Jay rocked him for a minute. The other nights, he slept all night! We are still in a groove! Today he has been awake since 12:45 with no afternoon nap so he should sleep great tonight!

1 comment:

  1. It's ok to have lazy days at home!! It's not like you do that every day. Plus, taking care of a baby is work! You're doing great! And so awesome that Carter is sleeping so great. Although I am a bit jealous of you :) Jameson has taken a step backwards in his sleeping skills! Oh well! Can't wait to see you both in a couple of days!

    ReplyDelete