Thursday, January 13, 2011

Night #8

Ok, I know I said I was only going to blog about this for one week but on night number 8, he slept from 8:00 to 7:30!!!! 11 1/2 hours straight! Can I get a hallelujah?!?!?!?!? So I might be jinxing it but I think we are on a roll now and I thought I would blog about the changes we have made to help our little man sleep through the night. I have two reasons for this...1)It will help me remember for baby number two. Only for baby number two I will not be waiting until 10 months old to start trying these things, 2) If any of you that read my blog have a baby that isn't sleeping through the night, than you could try these ideas too.

First thing I did...
I had been talking to a lot of fellow mom friends to get ideas from them. It seemed like everyone I know with a baby, has a baby who sleeps through the night. I knew it was time to try something new. I got some great ideas from friends!

Then my incredibly smart husband borrowed a space heater because poor Carter has the coldest room in the house! I really think this has helped him sleep so much more!!! Also, on the two nights that he did still wake up in the night, Jay went in there instead of me. I think if Carter sees me, he expects food! He knows that isn't going to happen with Jay.

And then there is me...
I had to change my thought process on naps. I was letting Carter sleep way to late in the afternoon (thanks Hollie for helping me realize this!). Now we try to get him up by 4 every afternoon! Sometimes that means he only takes one nap because his first nap goes too late. Like yesterday he didn't go down for his morning nap until 10:45 and he slept till 1:45. That meant it would be the only nap he would get. He actually did great! I was afraid he would start melting down at about 6 but he was wonderful and made it till 8 and then fell right to sleep. Same thing today. His first nap went from 11:45 to 2:15 and then he just stayed up the rest of the day. I am going to continue working on this and I think it will make a big difference at night. I cannot tell you the joy I feel when I get up in the morning and realize I didn't get up at all in the night! I see the light at the end of the tunnel! At least until we have baby number two. I am going to bask in the sunlight for a while because I LOVE my sleep!!!

Now I just pray tonight isn't awful. Now that I just wrote all of this down with such confidence I could see tonight going badly.

No comments:

Post a Comment