Thursday, January 6, 2011

Night #1

Yes, I am going to blog about trying to make Carter sleep through the night. Here is how night # 1 went.

-Put him down about 8:15 (he had been up since 3 in the afternoon so he was exhausted)
-Fell right to sleep
-Woke up at 11 crying, let him cry for about 10 minutes, crying soon turned into true unhappiness
-Jay rocked him for a minute
-Jay laid him back down
-My alarm goes off at 7:45...
-Praise the Lord!!!! I slept all night, which means, so did Carter!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please, please, please, let this be the start of a new beginning! Please don't get me wrong. Carter is a good sleeper. He usually only wakes up once in the night to eat but that is one too many times when he is ten months old! So I am finally going to start forcing the issue. No more eating in the night and I am just going to have to turn the monitor off if it comes down to "crying it out."

2 comments: