Tuesday, February 28, 2012

2012 Week #8


So far I haven't missed a week of my "trying a new meal a week" resolution but I sure am slow actually putting them on the blog. Last week's new meal was a shredded chicken tortilla type thing. They were very good and very easy.
Crockpot Chicken Tacos
1 envelope taco seasoning
6 pieces boneless chicken breasts
1 16 oz jar salsa
Dump everything into a crockpot and stir around a bit to coat all the chicken. Cook on high for 4 to 6 hours or low for 6 to 8 hours. When done the chicken should shred easily. Put in a tortilla with cheese, lettuce, tomato, and sour cream.
Jay liked adding some of the salsa sauce that cooked in the crockpot with the chicken. Super easy and it made a ton! We had these for the next two days :)
In an earlier post I posted a picture of the most amazing chocolate chip cookies ever but later realized that I forgot to actually put the recipe on here. So here is a great recipe for chocolate chip cookies that I found on pinterest...
3/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
3/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup sugar
1 egg
2 tsp. vanilla
2 cup flour
2 tsp. cornstarch
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1 cup chocolate chips
Cream butter and sugars until light in color. Add egg and vanilla. Blend in. Mix in flour, cornstarch, baking soda, and salt. Stir in chocolate chips. Drop little spoonfuls onto baking sheet and bake for 8-10 minutes at 350 degrees. Do not bake longer than 10 minutes. We liked them the best when they looked a little underdone as we pulled them out of the oven.
These really were amazing and I guess the secret ingredient that makes them so fluffy and soft is the cornstarch. I know I have never made chocolate chip cookies with cornstarch before.

No comments:

Post a Comment