Monday, January 9, 2012

New Dinner #2


I attempted my second new meal for my 2012 resolution and loved it. Again, I got this recipe from Pinterest and chose it for tonight because it didn't need a ton of ingredients that I didn't have. Some of the recipes I want to try have so many things in it that I don't have on hand so I know it is going to cost a little to make it.
This is penne pasta with a sun-dried tomato cream sauce. Here is the recipe just in case you want to try it out. I would highly recommend it! We loved it and Carter ate a ton of it as well.
Penne Pasta w/ Sun-Dried Tomato Cream Sauce
2 cups penne pasta
8 sun dried tomatoes, chopped (about 1/3 cup)
1 can evaporated milk (it calls for 2% but I accidently bought just the regular and it was great)
2 cups Italian four cheese shredded cheese blend (one 8 ounce package)
1 teaspoon basil
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon pepper
Prepare pasta and add chopped tomatoes into boiling water for the last two minutes of boiling time. Drain.
Combine milk, cheese, basil, garlic powder, and pepper in a medium sauce pan and cook on medium until cheese melts, stirring somewhat frequently but doesn't need to be constant. Remove from heat and add pasta to cheese sauce, combine and serve. If you have a larger family than just three like us I might recommend doubling the recipe. We had a little left over but that is just with two adults and a one year old. It didn't make a ton for a family with multiple kids, especially older kids.
Super yummy!
Happy cooking!

No comments:

Post a Comment