Saturday, January 7, 2012

My only New Years Resolution...

I am not big into New Years resolutions because I never keep them and I just don't like setting myself up to fail like that. But yesterday (so on the 6th of the year...better late then never) I had one that came to me that I think is worth trying and not super difficult to keep.
I am not much of a cook and tend to get super lazy with meals. As in, the same thing over and over or I just don't cook at all some nights and we just wing it. I hate that though and feel as far away from super mom and super wife as I possibly can be. And sometimes I like feeling like super mom and super wife. I am a dork :)
So my resolution for 2012 is to cook one new meal a week that we have never tried before. Thank you pinterest for having so many great new recipes right at my fingertips. So 52 meals for the year 2012 and last night I made my first one that I thought I would share. We really liked it and it was super easy to make!
Chicken Parmesian Bake (found on pinterst)
Put a little olive oil and finely chopped fresh garlic in the bottom of a baking dish (I used the larger 10 by 13 size or whatever the measurements are), place four to six chicken breasts to fill the dish, pour a jar of spaghetti sauce (I used prego) over the chicken, throw some fresh basil on the spaghetti sauce (I didn't have fresh so I just used my spices), cover with shredded mozzarella and shredded parmesian cheeses, spread with garlic salad croutons, and then sprinkle mozzarella and parmesian cheese to top to top it off. Bake at 350 degrees. Pinterest said to bake it around 35 minutes but I did mine for probably closer to 50 minutes. I am always afraid of chicken not being cooked enough so I did the meat thermometer to make sure it was to 155 degrees.
If you want a more detailed list of ingredients and directions you can find it on my food board on pinterest. I cooked up some spaghetti noodles to place the chicken on, some broccoli, a bowl of fruit and we had a delicious new meal last night.

No comments:

Post a Comment