Sunday, January 1, 2012

It's the end of 2011...

Today is the first day of 2012 which I know will turn out to be one of our favorite years. 2008 and 2010 were pretty big ones for us as well and 2012 will be special in the same way 2008 and 2010 were. In 2008, I married the man of my dreams in my dream wedding ceremony. In 2010, we welcomed our favorite little man into our lives and have never known so much joy. Now in about 11 weeks we will be welcoming a precious little lady into our family that will bring us even more joy than we thought was possible.
2011 was a relatively quiet year for us but still fun and exciting none the less. We had the amazing privilage of watching our Carter man turn from a baby to a toddler and even into a kid. He has grown and changed so much in 2011 and made us incredibly happy people.
2011 Highlights...
We did our annual California and Iowa trips as well as a trip to Spokane to watch my cousin Amy marry the man of her dreams. We love traveling and hope to be able to do even more as the years go on.
We worked hard on our backyard and made it reasonable for us to play back there last summer. We also began building a fence finally. We had carpet installed in our bedrooms and hallway and LOVE it! We found out there is a good chance we have termites under our house which gave us the joyous reality of owning a home.
I home schooled two students this year instead of just one like last year. Jay started a new shift at work where he works from 5am to 3 pm Sunday through Wednesday and has Thursday, Friday, and Saturday off every week.
Jay and I both started school again. Jay is working on getting his Paramedic certification and I am working on getting my Masters so that I am able to keep my teaching lisence.
Sadly we had our first miscarriage and went through a short time of greiving the loss of a very wanted pregnancy. Two months later we were pregnant again and 28 weeks later we are excitedly and not very patiently awaiting the arrival of Madelynn Grace.
We celebrated Jay's 27th birthday and my 28th birthday and can't believe we are getting close to 30. How did that happen? It feels like I just graduated from college but quickly realize it's been almost seven years since my college graduation.
We said good bye to my baby girl Emma who was a wonderful cat and a part of my life for almost eight years. It's amazing how pets can become such a huge part of a family.
Two days before 2012 we bought our first family car...a 2006 Dodge Caravan. I never wanted a minivan but am so incredibly thankful for it and what it can provide for our expanding family.
Jay and I celebrated our third year of marriage and had the opportunity to spend a night at the coast to help us celebrate.
We love our life and are so thankful for the many blessings that God gave us in 2011.

No comments:

Post a Comment