Monday, January 23, 2012

2012 Week 3 Meal


This picture doesn't do this meal justice because it was really good! Again I got this recipe off of pinterest and so far I haven't made a Pinterest meal that we haven't liked. This is called Crispy Southwest Chicken Wrap and was delicious. The best part about it was that it made enough for our dinner that night, dinner the next night, and lunch for me the next day. Three meals out of one and it was a fairly easy meal to make. I highly recommend it! And I really did make this dinner during the third week of the year but I am a little behind in my blogging about it.

Crispy Southwest Chicken Wraps

1 cup cooked rice, warm or room temp
1 cup cooked shredded chicken
1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
1 green onion, finely sliced (white and green parts)
1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped (I couldn't find this at Winco so I actually didn't use it and we still loved the flavor)
1/2 red or gree pepper, diced
juice of one lime (I forgot to buy a lime so I just used lime juice I had in the fridge)
1/2 tablespoon chili powder
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
2 cups shredded cheese (I used a combo of monterey and sharp)
sour cream to your liking 6 flour tortillas

Mix the rice with the chili powder, cumin, and garlic salt. Add remaining ingredients except for the cheese and sour cream. Sprinkle cheese over tortillas, leaving 1/2 inch border around edges, then arrange chicken and rice mixture down the center of each tortilla and add a little sour cream down the center of each. Roll stuffed tortillas, leaving edges open. Spray tortillas all over with cooking spray. (I just sprayed the pan, placed it seam side down and and then sprayed the top.) Heat large skillet over medium heat for a minute and then arrange two wraps, seam side down and cook until golden brown and crisp (about 2-3 minutes each side.)

Try them! They were delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment