Sunday, June 17, 2012

Happy Father's Day!


Oh blog, how I have missed you!  For the past couple weeks blogger has not been working at all for me.  I could get into my blog but it wouldn't let me write a new blog.  I have actually been anxious over this because I just hate getting super behind on blogging.  So prepare for blog overload in the next couple of days.  I must get caught up :)



This little precious man wants to say Happy Father's Day to the best daddy in the world!  He thinks his daddy is pretty cool!


Right before Jay got home from work I woke Carter up from his nap.  I had a few minutes on the couch with him to snap some cute pictures of this precious face.  I just love him!


And those eyes!  Oh those eyes!


And seriously, those eye lashes!  Why do the boys get the long beautiful eye lashes?







I had a little scavenger hunt prepared for Jay to find his father's day present.  It was fun to give him his gift in a creative way.


He had some notes to read, little things he had to do, and new places to go. 
I made him kiss his mini van because the van is one little thing that shows the world that he is a daddy.  He had to walk around the outside of our house which is where we are raising our kids.  I even made him throw a couple diapers away before he was allowed in the house which is just another thing that shows he is a daddy.  And often if you stop by our house unannounced you will find a diaper or two (or five or six) sitting on our front porch.  Yes, I just revealed one of my most worst mommy habits. 





He had to kiss the three of us. 




The notes led him all around the house.  Some of them had reasons why we love him and others led him to a gift.  It was fun for all of us.  Although Carter really didn't care.  He wanted to play with the window in Madelynn's room on top of the changing table.  Silly kid.



Carter playing on the changing table with the window while Jay does his scavenger hunt.


Jay's first gift, a new shirt.  We actually got him three new t-shirts and a pair of shorts.  Probably sounds boring to some but he has been saying FOREVER that he needs more shirts.  He is just so tall that if I accedentally dry one of his shirts it is quickly too short.  He also doesn't often get good shirts.  They are usually pretty cheap ones from Old Navy or something.  So I decided to spoil him just a bit.  He deserves it!  We love the man in our life!
 


When I took Carter to pick out a card for Jay he immediately picked this one.  I tried to lead him a different route because the one he chose had a huge magnet for a car that says "#1 DAD."  I didn't think Jay would really want that on the back of the van but Carter was determined that we were going home with that card.  I loved that he really had an opinion on what card was best for his Daddy. 
And yes, the magnet is on our van right now.  Carter loved it.





Carter made Jay a dad.  And I know Jay couldn't be more proud of his son!


After the scavenger hunt we went to Costco, then Five Guys for dinner, and then the park.




I snapped a couple pictures of Madelynn in the grass.  I had about a minute of smiles and then she gave me her best sad face ever...



Seriously, this girl knows how to get me.  She has the best pouty face ever!  She learned that from her momma ;)




Carter had a blast rolling his ball down a little hill and then running after it. 





Jay had a little bug crawling on him that Carter was super interested in. 



Jay's most valued treasures.  I am one lucky lady to be able to watch this man raise these two beautiful babies.  And we even get to do it together.  Thanks Jay for being such a great daddy to our kids!  Carter and Madelynn are two lucky and blessed kids!  We all three love you so much!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment