Saturday, May 26, 2012

She's 2 Months!

I am a week behind but my baby girl is 2 months old as of last Sunday.  Two months can really go by fast!  She is a sweet and sassy little thing who loves to smile. 

I LOVE having a little girl!  I think I have the best little family in the world.  I know I would have been just as amazed with having another little boy in the house but I am just in heaven with my little boy and my baby girl.  I just love it. 

I love seeing Madelynn begin to interact with life.  She stares us right in the eyes, smiles at us like crazy, watches things around her, and coos at us. 

To my sweet Madelynn...
You are such a sweet little lady!  We love your sweet, sweet smile and could look at it all day long.  I am mesmerized by you when you smile at me.  It melts me! 

You have beautiful blue eyes that are still a little dark but lightening up every day.  You love your swing and take great naps in it throughout the day.  You also love being held and snuggled with. 

You still eat every two and a half to three hours and you often only eat on one side.  You might just turn into a one side eater each time.  And if you get too tired and cranky I can just forget about you eating well.  It is better to get you fed a little before you hit your limit! 

Night time still isn't great but we will be working on that soon.  You like to be snuggled to sleep and you don't do well just lying on your own in your crib.  Momma is about to change that though!  Daddy has noticed that you like having a blanket right up by your face when you are falling asleep. 

Evenings are your fussy time so we are working on learning tricks to get you through the evening without having to be held the entire time or crying in your swing the entire time.  It's getting a little easier as you get older.

You love your big brother and most of the time you let him hold you.  You are very patient with him.  I just can't wait until you are old enough to play and interact with him.  That will be a great day when you really enjoy being with Carter!  I pray that you two will be best friends and take care of each other.  I will pray for this everyday for the rest of my life.  I never had a sibling and I am so excited for you that you have a big brother to love you and protect you.  Carter has a lot to live up to!   

You are just starting to get into your 0 to 3 month clothes.  We are starting to pack away the newborn clothes that you were just so stinking cute in.  It's fun to start putting you in new clothes that you haven't worn yet.  You are such a petite little thing.  The first thing everyone says when they see you is how little you are.  I love it!  I am glad your brother is a bit bigger and will probably be like daddy and that you are a bit smaller and might be a little more like mommy.  I have so many cute newborn size shoes that still don't fit you at all!  You might be six months old before your smallest sized shoes begin to fit. 

You lost most of your hair a few weeks back but it is already starting to grow back in.  I love putting cute headbands with flowers on your head though! 

You are just precious and we are madly in love with you! 

No comments:

Post a Comment