Thursday, May 17, 2012

Mother's Day


Mother's Day is a great day...possibly more special to me than my birthday (and I have always loved my birthday).  The fact that I get to celebrate being a mom is the best gift God has given me.  Pastor Joe asked us in our Sunday School class last week what have we prayed about that God has answered exactly as we prayed.  The first thing that popped into my head was my husband and my two precious babies.  I spent most of high school and all of college praying for exactly what I have right now.  I prayed for a man who would love me deeply and for kids that I could spend my life loving.  I am so thankful for the chance to be a mom and that God has given me these two kids who I love more than I can comprehend. 





Our sweet girl turned eight weeks today.  She is smiling all the time now and her precious smile melts my heart every time.  She is getting a little easier as the days go by.  She's still a little cranky in the evenings but not as cranky as a couple weeks ago.  She is just now starting to out grow her newborn clothes and starting to wear her 0 to 3 months clothes.  She has lost most of her hair and is as bald as can be with just a little in the back.  I put lots of headbands and flowers on her to show off her girliness :)   
  

She usually goes down for bed betweenn 9 and 10 and usually sleeps until 2 to 3ish.  Then she eats and goes right back down until between 5 and 6.  At that point I usually feed her and just snuggle in bed so I can keep sleeping a little longer.  We have not moved her to her crib in her room just yet but we are ready soon.  We are going to Washington next week so I'm thinking we will start trying when we get home.  No reason to transition now right before we throw her completely off her schedule and go on vacation.  She is still just sleeping in the pack n play next to our bed and that is working for now.  This is way longer than we kept Carter in our room though so we are feeling a little anxious to get her moved over.  Soon enough though. 


She is pretty chill during the day and cranky in the evening.  Pretty typical.  She takes great naps all day long in her swing.  Praise Jesus!  Carter hated his swing and never used it.  I am so thankful that Madelynn likes it. It has made home schooling so much easier!  She loves to be held upright looking over our shoulders and really can't stand laying in our arm to be held.  She wants to be up enjoying the world around her. 


She is just the sweetest little thing!  We left her in the nursery for Sunday School the first week of May and then I actually left her for church too last week (Mother's Day).  That is earlier than I left Carter but she is distracting for me and my back starts hurting after a while.  I'll still keep her with me for all of the singing and then try the nursery only if they aren't too busy with little ones in there.  So I am leaving her on a week by week basis depending on what's going on that day.


Her eyes seem to be turning blue and I am so excited about that!  I think we might just end up with two blond hair, blue eyed beauties! 







Madelynn was dedicated on Mother's Day at church.  I think that is a special moment where we can tell our Heavenly Father and our church family that we are going to do our best to raise her to love Jesus.  We are partnering with our church family to raise our kids in Christ and in the church.  It does not save them, they will still need to make that decision on their own when they are old enough to understand what God has done for them.  But it is important to me to dedicate our kids to the Lord in front of our church family who love and support us and will encourage us in our child raising. 

After church the four of us went out to lunch at Venti's.  I wasn't super impressed but the food was decent.  We just had a snotty girl seat us and I had a bit of a bad first impression of the place.  We will probably try it again though.


Then it was nap time and Jay and I planted out tomato and cucumber plants on the front porch.  Later that evening Jay grilled some delicious pork tenderloin and even had bought a couple side salads to go with it.  And he bought some chocolate and white chocolate covered straweberries.  Then we went out for ice cream with the kids.  It was a nice day.




I wanted pictures with both of my kids but Madelynn is so much easier to take pictures of right now.  Carter wanted nothing to do with pictures but I forced him for a couple. 




I just love his face!!


I love being a mom and I am forever grateful for these two kids!

No comments:

Post a Comment