Saturday, March 24, 2012

She's Here!

Our sweet Madelynn Grace is finally here! She was born at 7:53 on March 20th and weighed 7 lbs 2 ounces and was 19 1/4 inches long. She is beautiful and pure perfection! Here is our day in pictures.

The first picture is while we were waiting to meet our girl. We had a scheduled c-section for 7:30 but we had to be at the hospital at 5:30 to get prepped for surgery.


They got me back to the operating room at exactly 7:30 (literally down to the second.) Everyone in the operating room was so excited that I was rolled in there exactly at the right second.

I then had my epidural (which was the worst part of the whole thing) and then finally after what felt like forever, they let Jay come in. Once my man was by my side I felt like I could handle the rest. It was just a short couple minutes later that I heard my girl cry for the first time.


One of the nurses took some great pictures for us during the c-section. This next one is basically as they pulled her out of me. I was surprised she was so brave to take pictures on the other side of the curtain :)

Dr. West bringing her around the curtain to show us. Madelynn was screaming and I was balling like a baby. Such a great moment!




She finally got to come over and meet me for the first time.


Some family time...





Snuggling with daddy while I am being put all back together.

I was pleasently surprised at how little she was!



She has a great set of lungs!

Tallitha is Naomi's mom (the fifth grade girl that I home school) and she works in the NICU. She came in on her day off to be the one to "catch" Madelynn. She had the priviledge of cleaning Madelynn all up and doing all of her right after birth assessments. She let Jay come and watch everything.




Finally in recovery and able to hold my baby. The surgery was very smooth and I felt great the entire time. Feeling sick and actually throwing up is super common with c-sections and a huge fear of mine. Thankfully I didn't have either! I also didn't get the shakes like I did with Carter so I was very thankful for that. The only hard part was the epidural. I cried. It hurt so bad!


Our nurse during the whole thing.

My family of four! These are the loves of my life!


Meeting two of the four Grandma's, my mom and Jay's mom.



Meeting Grandpa (my dad) and another Grandma (my step mom).

Meeting uncle Jacob
Meeting uncle Oliver and his sister Kristen. Oliver is my dad and Lori's foreign exchange student this year and a part of the family. His sister happened to be visiting from Germany the week Madelynn was born.

First bath

Some snuggle time with my boy. It was so hard being away from him the whole time we were in the hospital. Thankfully he was home with my mom and I know he was comfortable and content with her. She brought him down usually twice a day to visit us and I was so thankful for the time I did get to spend with him. He seemed interested in his new sister but he was even more interested in all the fun things he got to do at the hospital. I think he enjoyed his time at the hospital.




I loved everything about my girl's "birth" day. For now, our family feels complete and I feel richly blessed. I couldn't have asked for more in my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment