Thursday, March 3, 2011

1 year old!

I know I already put tons of pictures on here from his birthday but I still haven't written anything about what he has been up to at 12 months old. Turning one has been a milestone for many different reasons. Of course the first being that Carter is one! That is a big birthday in my opinion! Turning one means a few things to me...he is a toddler now, not a baby, he is walking, I made it to my nursing goal (I really wanted to nurse him until he was one and we did it), and we are now done with monthly pictures at Picture People. I just can't believe how fast he is growing and changing. Last Saturday, on his actual birthday, I felt like I was constantly thinking about what I was doing one year ago at that moment. I kept saying to Jay, "right now, I was in labor, now I had my epidural, we just found out we were going to do a c-section, etc, etc..." It was fun to think back to that perfect day, February 26, 2010. Jay and I consider that day to be the best day of our lives and it definitely changed our lives forever, for the better! We love Carter more than we knew was possible! He brings so much joy into our hearts and our home! I feel truly blessed to be called his mom and have this amazing responsibility to be the one that gets to provide for him, love him, and be with him everyday for many years.

To our sweet one year old...
Here is what you have been up to lately...

-You smile all the time but the best thing about your smile right now is that it is this amazingly cute cheesy smile. You pull your shoulders up toward your face, scrunch up your entire face (eyes, nose, mouth) and smile this cheesy and precious smile at us. And you do it to EVERYONE! Everyone that sees you do it cannot stop talking about your smile. You were a big distraction during worship on Sunday because you were doing your cheese ball smile at everyone around you and they couldn't help but laugh! Thank you for that smile! I will never forget it. I have always loved your smile but this one takes the cake and I could watch you do it forever!
-You are still as social as ever and tend to make people feel good. You love to lean in for kisses and even snuggles.
-You started walking on your first birthday! You are really good at it and can take lots of steps in a row before you dive into our arms or fall down. I am amazed at how quickly it just happened. One minute, you weren't interested at all and the next minute you loved walking. You actually try to do it on your own all the time. We will just look over and you are walking to something. So cute! I love it. You have taken one pretty good nose dive on our hard wood floor, and I was just sure you broke your nose, but I do tend to over react when you get hurt. :) I'm working on that.
-You are a pretty good eater but you seem to be getting a little pickier. Some of your favorite foods are bananas, whole wheat bread, oranges, blueberries, canned pears, cheese, yogurt, and cheerios. We just gave you ravioli for dinner the other night, and you scarfed it down! I think that might be your new favorite food. You eat many other things but those are definitely your favorites! You also have decided it's a fun game to throw your food on the floor when you don't want it anymore. It drives me crazy but I am pretty sure most kids go through this phase! I just hope it ends sooner than later.
-Praise the Lord...you are still sleeping through the night!! I think it's been about two months that we have had good nights again.
-You talk non stop! It feels like you are actually trying to tell us stuff. You get really into your stories and you even respond to us with words that we just can't understand. You say "ya" all the time when we ask you things! You even shake your head no when you don't want something.
-You have a sweet soul! You loves snuggles (most of the time) and love to just give random kisses or loves without even being asked. It melts my heart every time!
-You LOVE your daddy! You have always loved your daddy but you used to be a little more of a mama's boy. Now I feel like we are a little more equal. You love playing with your daddy and giving him loves and kisses. Again, it melts my heart every time!
-You are super silly and do funny things just to get us to laugh. Or if you do something that makes us laugh, you continue doing it because you like our reaction. Right now your favorite thing to do is shake your head really hard back and fourth. It makes us laugh so you keep doing it.
-You get into everything! You love cupboards and drawers and love to empty anything that you can empty. It makes it really hard to keep a clean house.

We love you Carter man! Happy first birthday!

No comments:

Post a Comment