Thursday, March 17, 2011

Oh, the week we have had...

This has been a strange week. I am praying it is teething or something normal like that, but my little Carter man has just not been himself. He isn't sick, no fever, no cold, but just cranky. He has always been such a happy guy who just tends to go with the flow. This week has been so different. Most of the time he just wants to be held by me. Sometimes, that doesn't even make him happy. He started getting picky about what he eats and has thrown probably 75% of what I offer him on the floor. He cries A LOT and just all around doesn't seem happy. He has also had many injuries this week. First he fell forward and hit his cheek on the corner of a drawer on our entertainment center leaving a nice dark blue bruise. Then in the same day he falls out of the laundry basket and gets a fat lip from hitting the floor. A couple days ago, he tips over the crock pot and lands straight on his nose and forehead leaving him with a bright red bump on his head and a lovely bloody nose. And no, my EMT husband was not home so I got to handle that one all on my own. And I even got the blood out of both our shirts! I felt pretty good about that one. It has just been one of those weeks! I pray he is going through a very short stage and will come out of this unscathed and happy in a few days. He has also been waking up around 5am every morning which is completely out of the ordinary. He always sleeps until 7 and often till 8. Thankfully, after I nurse him, he goes right back to sleep. The problem is that I am about to be done nursing and then I don't know what I will do to get him to fall back to sleep. I just pray he goes back to sleeping till 7 before that happens.

I will say though that today was a fantastic day and he seemed part way back to himself. I think it helped that daddy was home all day and we had lots of fun things to do together. Honestly, this week I haven't felt like myself. I feel like I am putting every ounce of my energy into keeping Carter content and it is wearing me out. I will say though that this one rough week makes me so incredibly thankful for the happy little guy that my Carter usually is. God has blessed us with an amazing little boy who makes us smile and laugh all day long. I am also thankful for a husband who realizes when I am at my breaking point, walks in the door after a long 12 hour day at work, and takes Carter from me and says that him and Carter are going out and about for a bit and I get an hour to myself. That was an amazing blessing after a very long day with a very sad little man.

All this to say...
It's been quite the week.
I am so thankful for my little man who is usually a pretty happy one year old.
My heart goes out to any mom who has fussy babies on a regular basis!

(And I have a picture of Carter's bruise coming soon. I haven't downloaded it yet and I am going to bed now. Fortunately for you, I wasn't able to get a picture of the bloody nose since I was the one holding him and trying to get both of us cleaned up. :)

1 comment:

  1. :( I'm sorry Jami! I hope that tomorrow is better for both of you.

    ReplyDelete