Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Eagle Crest

Jay, Carter and I have had the fabulous opportunity to spend four days at Eagle Crest this week. My grandparents, my mom, and my aunt already had this trip planned and invited us to tag along. We are so thankful that they invited us to crash their vacation! We are staying in a beautiful condo and are having a great time. Jay had to work in Lyons on Monday, so Carter and I drove here with my mom in the morning and Jay joined us just before dinner. With Carter, we just never know how he will sleep in a new place. He usually does really well but our first night here was not good. He woke up at 4:15 and would not go back to bed. Jay ended up putting him in the car and they drove around Eagle Crest to get him to go to sleep so that he wouldn't wake up the rest of the house. They ended up both just sleeping in the car till 8:30. Poor Jay! But last night Carter slept all night until 7 this morning! Praise the Lord! He has taken good naps here too or he has been able to take his naps in the car while we have been out and about in Bend and Redmond. We took him swimming last night (don't worry, it was an indoor pool). Carter loved it and spent most of the time walking back and fourth between Jay and I. He could walk in the water of the wading pool really well. Jay and my Grandpa went golfing yesterday while the rest of us shopped and had lunch in Bend. We had beautiful weather yesterday. The sun was shining, blue sky, and no wind which made it seem pretty warm. This morning it has been snowing lightly so it is definately colder today. Carter is napping right now and the house is quiet. We will probably take him to see the reindeer farm today, maybe a nice walk, probably swimming again, and maybe lunch in Sisters or somewhere. I will post pictures when we get home but I wanted to put some of our trip on here now so that I wouldn't forget everything. Carter is having a great time with his great grandparents and his great aunt. He is walking a TON here. I think it is because the house is all carpet. He has just been walking all over which is not what he does at home. It was such a blessing to be able to get away for a few days!

No comments:

Post a Comment