Friday, August 24, 2012

She's 5 Months!

Our baby girl is five months old.  They don't get much cuter than this one...I'd have to say.  I love this little lady so much and am in awe of her every single day.  I always look at her and tell her that I can't believe she is mine.  It amazes me!  I think that often about both of my kids.  I am one blessed lady!
 

She smiles ALL DAY LONG!  She loves it when anyone talks to her and pays attention to her.  Her face just lights up when she is talked to.  I love it!  


She is rolling over now from her back to her belly.  She gets over once and then can't go anywhere else.  She rolls over within 2.5 seconds of laying her down in her crib so we have started just letting her sleep on her belly.  I usually just wait till she rolls to her belly and then put a little blanket over her back.  She still screams for a while.  She is not a good sleeper!  I have been shocked and depressed at how bad our nights still are.  She is up 4-5 times every night.  I am reading books and trying new things to get her sleeping better.  This mama needs a full nights sleep, ASAP!  I always tell her it's a good thing she's so stinkin' cute, even in the middle of the night.
 

 
She still naps in her swing so we are going to be working on that transition in the next couple of weeks.  I loved that she loved her swing since Carter never did but now I am thinking I have made more trouble for myself.  Lessons learned :)  But I will say that the swing was a lifesavor as I learned how to be a mom of two while working part time and working on my Masters.  No regrets! 
 
 
She still hates cereal and oatmeal but I continue to try every evening.  She is such a stinker sometimes.  But a cute one with a great personality!  Tonights attempt at baby oatmeal with her left more oatmeal on me and her bumbo seat than in her mouth.  She kept swinging her arm just as I would raise the spoon to her mouth and stuff would go flying.  It was quite comical. 
 
 
She still takes three naps a day but we may start trying to eliminate the evening nap so that she can go to bed earlier (Just trying to follow some rules from "Healthy sleeping habits, happy child.")  Sometimes her naps are 2 to 3 hours and other times (like her first two naps today) they are only 30 minutes.  I don't have her completely figured out yet. 
 
 
She likes her swing, bouncy seat, bumbo, and jump a roo and will play in all of them for a while at a time before getting bored.  She doesn't love playing on the floor but will tolerate it for a few minutes.  She does like to lay on Carter's bedroom floor and watch the fish tank.  She is quite fascinated by the fish, the lights, the bubbles, and the water.  She also likes to lay in Carter's bed while we do story time at night for Carter.  I can't wait until she is his age and we do family story time at night.  So many things to look forward to with two kids as they grow! 
 
 
She loves her brother!  Oh my, how she loves him.  She stares at him and smiles every time he even looks at her.  When he kisses her (which happens all day long) she just smiles.  They are so sweet together.  Except for when he sat on her while she was in her carseat.  That was awful!  The handle was straight up and he tucked himself down under the handle and was sitting directly on her.  I have never heard a scream like that come out of her mouth.  Broke my heart!  As much as Carter loves his sister, we still have to be careful.  I don't fully trust him alone with her just quite yet.  Earlier today while Madelynn was napping, Carter comes running into the kitchen to tell me that he went into Mady's room and then he showed me what he did to her swing with his hands (which was basically push down on her swing).  Oh I was so mad.  He knows not to go in there when she is sleeping.  The amazing thing is that she slept right through it all. 
 
 
She loves her daddy as well.  There is something super special about the two boys in her life.  She just stares at her daddy with this huge smile on her face.  And all he has to say to her is "can you smile" and she lights up!  Her and I have a pretty special bond but I wouldn't be surprised if she is a daddy's girl when she grows up.
 
 
She still wears some 0-3 month clothes and some 3-6 months.  She is still super little.   
 
 
She really does have a sweet and happy disposition.  Lately she has had some super fussy times but I am thinking she has a tooth very close to coming through.  I think I can even see it a little.  I could be wrong but it really does look like the outline of a tooth right under the gums.  I hope it comes through quick!  Her napping and my sanity depend on it I think. 
 

 
Everything goes into her mouth!  I am hoping that is because she is teething and not because she is going to be a kid who puts everything into her mouth.
 
 
To my Madelynn Grace...
We are madly in love with you!  You are so sweet with a smile to kill.  Or just melt my heart.  You make me crazy at night and make me smile and laugh all day long.  Your brother adores you.  I hope and pray that you and Carter will be best friends forever.  Nothing would make me more proud than to see you grow up to love each other, protect each other and respect each other.  I also pray that you will always know how much you are loved by your mama and daddy.  However, more important than anything else, I hope you know how much your Heavenly Father loves you!  You are special, sweet girl! 
 
Love, your mama
 





No comments:

Post a Comment