Tuesday, August 28, 2012

It's a Half Birthday!

Our Carter man had his half birthday a couple days ago (which we don't celebrate) and I just thought I should write some more about what he has been up to lately.  I can't believe we are now half way to three already.  I started thinking about his third birthday this week and what we want to do for it.  I love birthdays and it is hard to keep it low key!  I also don't want birthdays to just get bigger and bigger and our kids start having high expectations each year.  That is not the point of a birthday but they are very worthy of being celebrated!  The day we brought this little boy into the world will go down in history (for me) as one of the best three days of my life!  He brightens up our world daily!  He also makes me tired and crazy daily ;)  But man, I love this kid! 
 

He talks NON STOP!  Especially in the car.  I was sighing and laughing the entire time we were in the car this morning as I listened to "truck, dump truck, garbage truck, mama look, baby says ahhhgggg, pickup truck, another pickup truck, mama, look another pickup truck" and all said at the top of his lungs!  He yells those things everytime he sees them.  Some of the time I think it is so cute and funny and other times I am just wishing for a moment of silence.  That is non existent with Carter.  That's okay though.  I am always reminding myself that this time in his life will not last long and I need and want to enjoy every minute of it.  I will have plenty of time in silence when my kids are grown and out of the house.  And that thought makes me sad!    


 
Carter finally eats food and has stopped being picky, for the most part.  It is so nice that we don't have to fight that battle during meals.  He is also great now at going to bed for naps and night time!  That was the biggest battle of my life and I can honestly say he has finally settled into a pretty good routine.  He still has no toys in his room and a gate on his door but we are not fighting with him anymore to stay in bed.  He usually falls asleep within 20 minutes or so and is usually pretty content in his room until he falls asleep.  Thank you Jesus!   
 

 
He doesn't always want to obey and has a little attitude at times.  He is great at making messes and loves playing in the dirt.  He hates holding hands in the parking lot and says "no mama" often.  He doesn't always like to share with his friends or Mady and still can't have his toys in his room for sleeping purposes. 
 
But he loves his sister and talks super sweet to her.  He will give me kisses every time if I pretend to be sad.  I know, I'm manipulative but I want those kisses!  He can sing the entire ABS's by himself and only misses the m or the n some of the time.  He says "Amen" very loudly and holds the A for a few seconds before finishing the word every time we pray.  He closes his eyes during prayer now and remembers things he is learning in Sunday School every week.  He loves to read books in my lap and pick out new books at the library.  He has started asking me what things are in books and what the words are or letters.  He is finally starting to let me take his picture and actually poses and smiles for the camera.  He loves his family, all of them!  Grandparents, Great Grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins, all of them!  He talks about them often and always wants to see them.  He loves going to church and his Sunday School class and loves his teachers!  He talks about them often as well. 
  


 
We have not started potty training yet but we did by him a potty and try to get him to sit on it every once in a while.  This attempt started with wanting to stand rather than sit to pee and then turned into naked gymnastics.  Silly kid!



 
He loves everything daddy does.  Fire trucks, ambulances, tents, flashlights, tractors and anything daddy is doing.  Jay and Carter camped in the living room a while back.  Carter was in heaven getting to do that with daddy.
 



 
He loves watching tractors get stuck in the mud on the internet with daddy.  This is one of their favorite things to do together. 
 

 
He is so fun and silly!  This picture proves that!
 





 
Now that we leave his door open while he falls asleep I always get to see how he falls asleep.  I have gotten some great pictures of him asleep lately.  Completely under George, arms wrapped around Roo, book open and in front of face while fast asleep, etc.  I love sneaking in there with my camera.
 


 
He's right about 32 pounds.  He is wild and active but sweet and sensitive.  He cares about people.  He loves getting his hair cut and still loves his blankie.  I love this kid!  


Happy half birthday Carter!  We love you!  Thank you for making me laugh, smile, cry, and feel like I am going to lose my mind.  You keep me on my toes!  I love everything about you.  

No comments:

Post a Comment