Monday, December 19, 2011

I Love My Husband

Three years ago today I married Jay.
Three years ago today the ground was covered with snow and ice and we were wondering if anyone was even going to be able to show up to the wedding. Salem was hit with the craziest winter storm we had seen in a few years and it made for the most unique, interesting, beautiful, and exciting day of my dreams. I remember being calm and happy without a single doubt in my mind that I was making the best decision of my life.
Three years into our life together I have learned many things. I have learned that I love Jay more and more each day. I have learned that marriage does take effort and work but that it is completely worth every moment of it! I have learned that marriage is a huge blessing from the Lord and that it makes me better and work on who I am as a person. I have learned that I am selfish and have to intentionally work on that character flaw every day.
I am thankful for many things, but here are just a few...
I am thankful for what a hard worker Jay is. I am thankful for how deeply he loves me. I am thankful for how deeply he loves our little Carter man. I am thankful for how often and how hard he tries to make me smile everyday. I am thankful that he calls me when he can while working just to say hi and that he calls me the minute he leaves work to tell me he is on his way home. I am thankful that he puts his family first and always considers us when making decisions. He puts up with my mood swings and emotions (especially when I'm pregnant) and has more patience in one day than I do in a whole month. He really is my better half and the perfect man for me.
Thanks babe for marrying me three years ago!! You made my day :) And year :) And life :)
I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment