Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Belbow...

I find it so thrilling when I realize that I have taught my son something. I know that I do teach him quite a few things each and every day but when he remembers something that I have been trying to drill into his little brain for weeks...it's thrilling. I am always telling him not to touch mama's chord on the hair straightener. I try and remember to always put it all the way up on the counter but I have forgotten once or twice and of course one of those times, he pulled it down and proceded to pick it up touching the hot part. Yes, I felt awful! So in case those infrequent times happen when I forget to put it away properly, I want him to just understand that it is hot and can hurt him. Today he walked past the hair straightner, looked at the chord, looked up at me and said "hot!" Yay! Progress!

So Carter's newest word is "belbow." It means elbow. It is my favorite thing in the world that he says right now! I really don't ever want him to learn how to say it correctly because it's so stinkin' cute! Although I'm sure the cute factor wears off when they are ten and still saying belbow. What's funny is that he is always mixing up his "belbow" and his knee. He has known knee for quite a while and knows how to say it but lately he pats his knee and says "belbow." We are working on it :)

He is just talking up a storm right now and I didn't want to wait for his 21 month blog to jot down his newest words. His newest words are hat, hot, bee, pee (yes, he says pee pee), me, eye or eyes, beep beep, bus, baby, please and elbow (belbow). We have been working on please FOREVER and he finally says it and says it ALL THE TIME. He says is at all the right times when he wants something. He misses the l in the word but it is so cute. He can basically have whatever he wants when he says it because it melts my heart every time! I'm exaggerating a little but it is hard not to give in when he says "peez" in his cute little voice.

Does anyone else have constant sick kids right now? Carter spent the first 18 months of his life super healthy and has now been sick three times in the last two months. They have all been the runny nose, fever, grumpy, kind of sickness but it is getting so frustrating! Last Friday evening he started coughing this horrific seal like bark and had a fever of 102.3. The fever was pretty mild after that first night but for four days now he has had the awful cough. We have avoided the doctor's office so far because he is managing pretty well with it but it is starting to wear on him and us! He woke up this morning at 3am because of coughing and just laid in bed for 45 minutes coughing and whining. I finally got him up and put him in bed with me which meant I didn't sleep much at all because of his coughing. Poor kid. It is 10:30am right now and he is down for a nap because he didn't sleep much last night. We have missed church three times due to sickness in the last six weeks. I just want my healthy little man back. A friend of mine said the same thing happened to her daughter the first winter after she stopped nursing. I am wondering if that is what is happening. This is our first winter without nursing and I wonder if not having all that good stuff from mama is making it easier for him to catch things. I just hope it ends soon!

I hit 21 weeks pregnant on Monday and still feel great. I have really started looking pregnant in the last couple of weeks. I am also feeling Madelynn move and kick all the time. I think Jay will be able to feel her move this week too, it's just a matter of catching it at the right time. Carter loves looking at my belly, patting it, and saying "baby" over and over. He has been really sweet with my baby bump.

Christmas is coming and we are only a few days away from decorating for it! This is my favorite time of year by far! Carter LOVES the Christmas trees in all the stores and all the lights and decorations. This is going to be a fun Christmas with him! I can't wait to get our tree and decorate it with him. Then this mama gets to teach him something else...not to touch the ornaments. That should be fun :) At least he is old enough to understand and obey, unlike last year. Last year we had to put a barrier in front of the tree so that he didn't destroy it. This year he will learn not to touch! And then next year we will have to have a barrier again for Madelynn. So basically every other year for a while I can have a normal living room at Christmas time.

This has just been a random post of random thoughts. Hopefully I'll have a new baby bump picture coming soon.

1 comment:

  1. Aww Jamie I'm sorry you are dealing with it too! It's probably our fault but I'm blaming the doctor since he said she could be around other kids. I don't know if you have tried this before but try rubbing Vicks on his feet and then putting socks on. It seriously works wonders! Eden is able to sleep almost through the night (we just reapply if she wakes up coughing). If you haven't yet..try it!!!

    ReplyDelete