Saturday, April 21, 2012

Madelynn is ONE month old!

Our baby girl turned one month old yesterday. Time goes by so fast. She is such a sweet little lady and we are madly in love with her. She is just as cute as can be!

She is still in newborn clothes and newborn diapers. She is a petite little thing! At her two week appointment she was 7 lbs 8 ounces (25th percentile) and 20 1/2 inches long (50th percentile). Her head was only in the 40th percentile which made me laugh because I don't think Carter's was ever less than 70th percentile.

She smiled at me for the first time at 3 weeks old. I know...I almost didn't believe it either. But since then she has smiled for me two more times and two other people once. She really looks at us now in the eyes and seems so ready to smile lots...I know it's coming soon. She takes really great naps during the day (at least three long 2-3 hour naps every day and some shorter ones too).

She is super patient with her brother (who LOVES to hold her and kiss her). She eats great, sleeps all day, and loves to be held at night (we are working on that). She sleeps 3-4 hours at a time at night (usually) but sometimes is difficult to get to sleep.



It seems like she is going to have blue eyes just like her daddy and brother but it might be too early to really be able to tell.
She doesn't like taking a pacifier or swinging in her swing...apparently my kids just don't do either of those things. She still sleeps in our room in the pack n play and I'm not quite feeling ready to send her to her own room yet. Carter was in his own room at 26 days old so we are a little late with her :) Soon...
We are so thankful for our sweet girl! She completes our family (for now) and has brought so much joy into our home. Right now she is sound asleep on daddy and I just love watching that!
We love you Mady girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment