Monday, April 9, 2012

2012 Week #11


Okay, so having a baby has made me completely flake on my weekly meals for my new years resolution but I am ready to get back on track now. So the next two to three weeks my goal is to get caught up. This week should be week #15 but I am just on week #11. I can do it! Jay will love it because he will be getting more new meals in the next two weeks so that I can catch up :)
We liked this meal but I don't know that I would need to make it again. I have made other recipes that are similiar that I like better. But it was good :)
Crockpot Chicken Spaghetti (Found on Pinterest)
3 pounds chicken pieces (I did three chicken breast cut into large chuncks)
1 pkg Italian salad dressing mix
4 tablespoons melted butter
1 small onion, chopped
1 garlic clove, chopped
1 can cream of chicken soup
8 oz cream cheese
1/2 cup chicken broth
spaghetti noodles (really any kind of noodle would work great)
Place chicken pieces in crock pot and sprinkle Italian seasoning over chicken. Sprinkle with 2 tbsp. melted butter. Cook on low for 4-6 hours. Melt 2 tbsp. butter in a saucepan and sauté onion and garlic. Add Cream of Chicken Soup, cream cheese, and chicken broth. Stir until smooth. Add this mixture to crockpot and cook on low for an additional hour. Prepare spaghetti according to package directions.
I also made biscuits that were incredibly easy. They were good but again nothing overly special.
Biscuits:
2 1/2 cups Bisquick
4 Tbsp cold butter
1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
3/4 cup milk
1/4 tsp garlic powder
Butter Glaze:
3 Tbsp butter
1/2 tsp garlic powder
3/4 tsp dried parsley flakes
Preheat your oven to 400 degrees. Lightly grease or line one cookie sheet with parchment; set aside. Combine Bisquick with cold butter in a medium bowl using a pastry cutter (I just used 2 forks). Don't worry about mixing too thoroughly; there will be small chunks of butter in the mix about the size of peas. Add cheddar cheese, milk, and garlic powder. Mix by hand until combined, but don't over mix. Drop 1/4 cup portions of the dough onto the lightly greased or parchment lined cookie sheet. Bake for 13-15 minutes in preheated oven until the tops of the biscuits begin to turn light brown.

No comments:

Post a Comment