Thursday, August 25, 2011

9 weeks

I am nine weeks pregnant. It is really easy with this pregnancy to be so focused on Carter that I don't keep track of anything with my pregnancy. I want to work really hard to still document everything about my pregnancy with this precious baby, just like I did with Carter. When I was pregnant with Carter, I was able to be completely and totally focused on being pregnant. That sure changes when it is a second pregnancy and you have a toddler to keep track of and keep alive. (Yes, that is a goal right now...to keep my little monkey and acrobat alive! I'll write more about that in his 18 month blog.)

Here is a little recap of my pregnancy so far. We found out I was pregnant about two days after four weeks pregnant. And by four and a half weeks, I was already feeling sick! This was much earlier than with Carter so it really caught me off guard. I'm still hoping that means I will be done with the yucky stuff a couple of weeks early. Ha! Up until yesterday, so for about five weeks, I just felt sick constantly but never threw up. I finally threw up yesterday. It really caught me off guard because I have been so sick this whole time but never threw up. And I only threw up with Carter once but it was later in the pregnancy so I'm not even sure it was pregnancy related. Anyway, enough about throw up ;) I hate feeling so sick! It is a good thing I had sort of blocked that out of my mind with my first pregnancy because if I remembered it so clearly, I'm not sure I would want to keep doing this ;) And the lack of energy...I hate that feeling! It makes me feel so lazy but I just don't have any energy! Which is really hard when I have a one year old that has more energy than 18 adults combined. I have taken a lot of naps during Carter's naps and my mom has also taken him a few times for a couple of hours. I was finishing up two masters classes a couple of weeks ago so my lack of energy couldn't stop me from working and writing papers every free moment I had. Thankfully those are done and I have a little time off before the next class starts.

After my miscarriage, I have been so paranoid that something will happen to this baby too. Thankfully so far, everything is acting perfectly normal! I have my first doctor's appointment today to see our baby's heartbeat and I can't wait! I am hitting that point where I am starting to feel fat and uncomfortable in normal clothes. I'm sure many women go much longer but I start feeling so uncomfortable that the maternity clothes always come out early. And I don't care! They are comfortable!

So far I have not really had any food aversions. I actually want to eat with this baby, unlike with Carter. Eating makes me feel so much better and I have been able to eat almost anything, too much in fact. I need to slow it down so that I don't gain a whole bunch of weight right at the beginning.

Anyway, that has been my pregnancy so far. We are so excited to add another person into our family! Carter already kisses my tummy when I ask him where the baby is. He even started saying baby yesterday. I know he doesn't understand but it is still fun trying to teach him about the baby.

I'll be back soon for Carter's 18 month post!

No comments:

Post a Comment