Wednesday, August 3, 2011

17 Months!

Playing with your new slide in the backyard.



Playing with one of his best friends, Ellie. You two are becoming good buddies.


Playing at the splash pad at Riverfront Park. This is probably your new favorite adventure of the summer!


You finally fell asleep while eating! It's not that I try to get you to fall asleep in your high chair but I have always hoped you would just once so I can get the infamous picture that every mom gets :)


Our Carter man is almost a year and a half old! Time goes by so quickly. Carter has been such a joy in our lives. I always look at Carter's newborn pictures on our livingroom wall and wish I could remember holding that tiny little baby a little more clearly, but it seems as he grows, I can't remember him as well when he was little. It's like he has always been a walking, talking, funny, wild, sweet, sneaky, happy little 17 month old. I can't even imagine our lives before he joined our family. Sometimes I miss sleeping in...but I would give that up a million times over to have the most precious little boy as my son!

To our little Carter man...
There are so many new things you have discovered over the last month! Here are just a few of them...

You have started talking so much more! You still don't talk as much as all of the little ladies in your life but that is to be expected when we are talking about the differences between male and female. You love to say mama and dada, especially after we ask you to say them. This is how the conversation goes...
me or your dad..."say mama"
you..."mama"
me or you dad..."say dada"
you..."dada" (in a whisper voice every time!)
me or your dad..."say Carter"
you..."dada"(again in your whisper voice)
It cracks us up how you want to say Carter but it seems to only come out as dada and always in your whisper voice with the cutest little smile on your face. We have this little conversation all day long because we think it is so cute! You have been working really hard on saying "banana" and we just love how you say it! It's not exactly right but it is so close and too cute. You try to say Grandma, mostly because your Grandma works on it all the time with you ;) You also say "knee." You will try and mimic everything else we say but nothing else sounds like the actual word quite yet but you are definately getting really close to just taking off and talking non stop!

You have started eating almost anything and everything! This makes me soooooo happy! You love watermelon, strawberries, oranges, blueberries, avocado, bananas, whole wheat toast, whole wheat waffles, chicken, hot dogs, macaroni and cheese, broccoli, string cheese, graham crackers, goldfish crackers, wheat thins, and pretty much whatever we are eating. You are much more willing to try new things lately.

You are still such a ham! All we have to say is "show us your smile" and you smile this big, cheesy grin that makes everyone smile!

You are a really good little guy! I am so proud of how well you obey and listen to us when we talk to you and tell you to do something. There are times you get a little stubborn and try to disobey with your sneaky little grin but most of the time you are really obedient. I know that will probably change when you hit those terrible twos that I always hear about but right now you are just so sweet and good! We love that we can take you out to eat with us and you are good! You look at your book that we bring with us, eat your food or our food, flirt with the people around you, and talk with us. You always hold our hand when we are walking through a parking lot or across the street and you sit in your stroller perfectly content on every walk that I take you on, even sometimes three to four mile walks! I know I am bragging right now but I love your sweet spirit and I want you to know that.

You also have your strong willed moments when we both say..."he got that from his mommy!" I hate to admit that but I am definitely the stubborn one of the two of us and you take after me sometimes as well! That's okay, it can be a good thing someday if you know how to use it for good. When you really want something that you can't have or we have to put down, it usually works to tell you to "say bu bye" and you will wave and let go of it. So far we still let you hold a stuffed animal in a store because our "say bu bye" trick still works. As soon as it stops working though we will have to avoid the stuffed animals because you love them too much!

You love Chuggington! Every morning I come and get you out of your crib and sit down on the couch. I always try to snuggle with you but you immediately pick up the tv remote and hand it to me while pointing at the tv and saying "uh uh uh uh." Which just means that you want to watch Chuggington. It's so cute that I always give in. A little cartoon time in the morning is nice to get your breakfast for you and let me wake up a little. And you will sit and watch an entire episode or even two without getting distracted. As much as I don't want you hooked on tv, it is pretty cute. Your morning routine is Chuggington with a whole wheat waffle, banana, and milk. I think breakfast might be your favorite meal of the day.

You still sleep perfectly! You sleep from around 8pm to 7-7:30am and then a good 2-3 hour nap after lunch every single day. I am so thankful for your sleeping habits! Today you actually slept till 8:20 which was GLORIOUS for me! Every once in a while you give me a nice morning like that.

You love trains, airplanes, ambulances, fire trucks, and big trucks. Garbage day might be your favorite day of the week! Every time you here that garbage truck coming, you run to the couch and beg for me to put you up to watch out the window. You squeal and yell and jump up and down! You do this every time you hear a siren, or a train, or an airplane. And you seem to know the difference of sounds every time. If you hear a plane, you point up to the sky and yell and squeal and try to find it. When you here a truck, you get so excited and look all around for it. When you hear a siren, you yell "da" or "dada" until it goes away. This is a really fun stage you are in right now because we get to see pure joy in your eyes every time you hear these things.

You still LOVE your blankie!! Every morning when we come to get you out of bed, the first thing you do is grab your blankie and hand it to us. Throughout the day you will randomly go and find it and lay down on top of it and snuggle. It's really the sweetest thing ever and I am so thankful that Lisa made it for you before she passed away. It is a great way for me to always remember my friend and you light up when you see it!

Some of your other loves include...the neighbor dog Cooper, books and reading, your dump truck, your trains, your kitty Max, stuffed animals, bath time, playing outside, the sprinkler/splash pads/pools/anything that is water, and your daddy. My oh my how you love your daddy! It is a very special relationship you have with him!

I guess that's it for now! We love you Carter! You are an incredible little boy!


Now for those of you who made it to the end of this forever long post...

We have an announcement!

Baby number two is on the way! I am due around March 26th and we are so excited. After our miscarriage in May, I have been so scared everyday that this baby would be okay. Thankfully, I am incredibly sick already which I take to mean that this baby is growing healthy and strong. We have not been telling tons of people that we are pregnant quite yet but I don't think that too many people read our blog so I felt like it was the time to put it on here. We would appreciate your prayers for a healthy pregnancy. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment