Monday, December 7, 2009

Chistmas Time

This is my favorite time of the year. I love the cold weather, vanilla steamers, decorating the house, cutting down our Christmas tree, the smell of cinnamon and pine cones, driving around town looking at Christmas lights, Christmas movies, and even the shopping! I know I am crazy but I even love the hecticness of the shopping malls and trying to get the perfect gift for everyone. This year since we are in our house, we put up Christmas lights. I shouldn't say we, because I actually didn't do anything accept snap a couple of pictures. Jay and my Dad did all the work and it turned out amazing. We did clear lights on the house and red lights in some bushes. I love driving home in the evening and seeing our house all lit up. This week we also went to the Brawley's farm and cut down our Christmas tree. I always love this part of the season! We walked around forever looking for the perfect tree and we definitely found it this year. It fits in the corner of the living room just perfectly. Our house looks beautiful!

Even my classroom gets all decked out for Christmas. We actually have two trees this year (long story) and lights all over the place. We listen to Christmas music every chance we get and I think the kids are just as into as I am. At least that is what I tell myself.

This weekend, we had a "Christmas" date night. I know this is not Jay's dream date night but it definitely is mine! We shopped for hours, had lunch/dinner at The Pita Pit, got vanilla steamers, drove through the Keizer lights, and ended the evening by watching a Christmas movie. I am so thankful for an amazing husband that cares enough about me to do all those things with me.

Yesterday, we had our "maternity" and Christmas pictures taken by Hollie. We went down town and to Mission Mill. It was beyond freezing but we survived. I will post pictures tonight or tomorrow of that adventure. I am still loving being pregnant! I feel so great and love feeling Carter move all over in my belly. I especially love it when he moves so much that my stomach looks like an alien is inside of it and rolls all around. The only thing I am not loving right now is that my back is really bothering me. It is so worth it though! This little man inside of me is the love of our lives and we can't wait to meet him. We are so in love with him already! Last night Jay read a story to him. It was such a sweet moment to me, to be able to watch my husband read a story to my belly. He loves Carter so much and can't wait to be a dad. People keep asking us if we are ready for what is ahead or nervous at all. We are ready!!!! This is what God put us here to do. We want to be a family!

No comments:

Post a Comment