Saturday, September 17, 2011

Shower for baby Silas

I LOVE throwing showers! My friend Natalie just had her fourth baby so I had another reason to throw a shower. I threw my friend Ashley's shower about seven months back as well but didn't take any pictures. The neat and unique thing about this shower was that Natalie had baby Silas over three weeks early which meant we were blessed to have the guest of honor at the shower with us. What woman doesn't love holding a sweet two week old baby?

The only hard thing about throwing showers is that they can get pretty expensive. One of our friends, Amanda, called me about a week ago and said she would love to help with the shower. What a blessing. I was so thankful to have someone help and she throws beautiful showers. She was actually one of the three ladies that threw my baby shower for Carter. She did all the food which was soooo good and so much help. She also helped me with ideas, helped decorate and set up, and made cute little party favors. I was able to do decorations and make the table look cute. I found on a blog these really cute pom poms made out of tissue paper. Amanda helped me make them. They were very cute and really added to the decor.

It was fun to be able to use some pictures of baby Silas and the family as a part of the decor. Usually the baby hasn't made their appearance yet. I had taken some family pictures the day after Silas was born and then some of him a few days after they got home. I had some prints made in sepia tone which was nice to add to the table.

Since it was a Saturday morning shower we just did cupcakes for dessert. I just made plain old white cupcakes out of a box. I still love them though.

Sadly I didn't get any pictures of the guest of honor and baby of honor or the guests. That's the thing about hosting a shower...I tend to forget to capture all the moments. It was a nice, intimate shower though.

To my friend Natalie...thanks for letting me throw you another shower! You deserve to be spoiled and we of course love spoiling your newest little man. Silas is beautiful!



No comments:

Post a Comment