Sunday, September 25, 2011

Fall is here...

4 days ago...Sunshine, sidewalk chalk, and a cute little boy.

Today...Rain, rain, and more rain mixed with some wind and lots of gray skies!

So what does that mean for this girl who loves fall...

Time to decorate! Now I know I am a little behind the times since everyone on facebook seemed to decorate for fall last week, but I guess this feels even better for me because now it actually looks like fall. Maybe it was hard for me to decorate for fall when it was in the upper 80's day after day. The gray skies and rain got me in the mood. I love summer but I am usually ready for fall when it starts to show it's face around here.

So today, after Carter and I had some nice snuggle time on the couch watching Finding Nemo, I put Carter down for his nap, made myself my first cup of hot spiced apple cider, put Home Alone 2 on the tv, and decorated for fall. Don't ask my why I was watching Home Alone 2 while decorating for fall and not for Christmas, but it happened to be on tv last night, so I recorded it and felt like it would put a smile on my face and make me feel like Christmas is a little closer than almost three months away. As much as I like fall, nothing beats Christmas for me! Maybe that's why I like fall so much...it brings me closer to Christmas.

I won one of the centerpieces from MOPS last week which were beautiful sunflowers. They have made my dining room table just perfect for fall for the last few days. I also found these candles at Fred Meyer on sale for $7.99 AND buy one get one free! They are normally $9.99 each. So I bought one for me and one for my mom for her birthday. They make my house smell like cinnemon and pumpkin spice!




Oh, and of course I have to add a couple picture of my boys. Aren't they cute? They were watching a movie together and having some great snuggle time. We love snuggling with the Carter man!



No comments:

Post a Comment