Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Second Trimester...Oh how I love thee!

I am thirteen weeks and six days pregnant, which means...I'm officially in my second trimester. I am doing a happy dance right now ;) The main reason for the happy dance is that the last four days or so I have been feeling probably 90% better than I have felt in over eight weeks! That first trimester was really kicking my butt! I hate feeling so incredibly nauseous 24/7 and even throwing up some. I hate having to eat every hour and half or I get too far past the point of feeling well enough to eat. I hate having zero energy and taking naps almost everyday. I know...I sound pretty negative. However, what I do love is this precious baby growing inside of me!!! I will deal with this sickness for however long it takes because I know that in the end we get to add another perfect blessing into our family! But I am so thankful for a few days of feeling so much better. It gives me some hope that I won't be nauseous the entire pregnancy :) I think this pregnancy has been a little harder than my pregnancy with Carter. I think the nausea was more intense and it was so hard to be a good mom when I felt so miserable. I am looking forward to the second trimester for three reasons...to be a better mom to my Carter man, to be a better wife to the love of my life, and to actually enjoy being pregnant with our second baby.

I haven't taken any belly pictures yet. I think I just feel so fat this time around. I know I am starting to show but I keep waiting for it to look a little more like a baby belly and less like I've been eating too much. I will start posting some pictures soon. We are beginning the process of clearing out the spare room to start preparing it for Carter's big boy room. I know a lot of people would have the first two kids share a room for a while but the last thing in the world that I want is a newborn sleeping in the same room with a toddler. Carter getting a good nights sleep is beyond precious to me and we don't want the baby in our room more than just a few short weeks. So Carter will get to have his own big boy room probably right about his second birthday. That will give him a few weeks to get used to sleeping in a big boy bed before the baby is here and taking over his crib. I can't wait to get started on Carter's new room and of course the nursery, once we know the baby's gender. I think working on Carter's room will start helping me pass the time while we wait for this baby.

I can't believe that we are going to have two beautiful babies. I know Carter isn't a baby anymore but I just feel so blessed that I am living my dream. It was always my dream to find an amazing man who would love me with everything he had and then to be able to have a family on top of that. I know I am being cheesy...but I am so thankful for the many blessings in my life!

Oh and at our last appointment, almost four weeks ago, we got to see our baby and see the little heartbeat. Doctor West said everything looked perfect and the measurements all matched up to my original due date, March 26th. We got the cute little peanut ultrasound picture that I just love. In two days we get to hear the heartbeat and I just can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment