Thursday, August 26, 2010

6 months old

Today my baby is six months old. 1/2 a year old! It is amazing how time flies! My poor little guy is sick on his six month birthday though. He had a really rough day yesterday. Tuesday night he was awake most of the night and I wondered if he was getting sick, but I couldn't tell. By morning, he had the icky green runny nose and seemed all congested. He felt warm but I couldn't get our thermometer to work. (I was a dork and it was set on Celsius.) He really struggled all day. He was crabby and very needy. He didn't want to take naps at all! By early evening his temp was 101.6 and he seemed miserable. I called the doc again and this time they said to bring him in in the morning. He ended up sleeping 8 straight hours last night and his temp is back to normal this morning. I am praying this is a quick little bug. I have never felt so helpless as a mom! He felt so miserable and yet there was nothing I could do but snuggle him. So yesterday morning when he woke up sick, I decided to run to the grocery store so that we had what we needed to stay home the rest of the day. As soon as I got him in the cart at roths, I smelled something. He had pooped all the way up to his neck. So I go back to the car and get him all cleaned up, which is so hard to do when the poop is everywhere. While I was getting him cleaned up a lady walked by and saw the poopy diaper on the ground and said she had been there and done that several times. When she came back out she gave me this really cool reusable cup (like the starbucks kind). She said I needed it because it was impossible for my kids to pull the straw out of it. She was really nice and it was a nice little blessing after my morning.

Carter at six months...
-learned how to sit up all on his own, and he is really good at it
-has two teeth on the bottom
-eating all kinds of fruits and veggies and loves most of them
-isn't saying "mamamamama" anymore which makes me sad
-sleeping until 6-7 usually, sometimes gets up when Jay's alarm goes off though
-still in size 2 diapers
-wearing 6 month clothes
-is a great traveler
-handles being passed around like a champ
-weights right around 18 1/2 pounds
-grabs at everything...cell phone, remote controls, papers, car keys, car seat buckle, anything that catches his eye
-wants to eat what we are eating so bad
-gets distracted easily when nursing...tv, other people, if I am eating or talking on the phone
-usually takes three naps a day
-wild and crazy, gets super excited about things but is also a snuggler
-flips to his tummy to sleep most nights
-rolls all over the living room
-usually wakes up so happy in the morning
-he is a charmer...he smiles at everyone in the grocery store and gets all the attention
-he has lots of hair growing in finally
-loves the kitties!!!!!

I say this at the end of all of his monthly posts but we love this little man more than words can describe. He brings so much joy to our lives and my heart just swells with pride every time I look at him. It really amazes me that God wants to bless us this much by giving us this beautiful son! Thank you Lord for Carter! He is the biggest blessing in our lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment