Sunday, March 7, 2010

Introducing Carter Stephen Hinderks

For some reason the photo button on my blog has stopped working. I started putting pictures of Carter on here for all to see and only got a few. I will keep working on it to get pictures from his birth. Here is the story of our baby boy Carter and his arrival to our lives.

We had a scheduled C-Section for Sunday, February 28th. On Friday morning the 26th, my water broke at 1:45. That was such a fun surprise because we were not wanting to wait until Sunday to meet him. We got our stuff ready and headed for the hospital. By the time we were checked in and admitted, contractions had started. I kept saying "this isn't so bad" but I had no idea what was coming. Probably by 6ish that morning the contractions really started to pick up and come closer together. They eventually got extremely intense so the epidural was on it's way! I admire anyone that can give birth without an epidural but I am telling everyone now, that I am not that woman! The epidural was really hard because I was having back to back contractions during the epidural which made it really hard to sit still. Once that kicked in I was feeling pretty good. By that point I was dilated to 2-3 centimeters which I was thrilled about because it happened pretty fast. The problem was that I then stopped dilating. I went 3 hours and didn't progress any more. That is when my doctor decided it was probably best to get Carter out and to do a C-Section. I was sad that I didn't get to finish what I had started but I was so excited to be meeting my son within minutes. We got that news around 11:30 am and he was born at 12:17 pm. I was surprised how scared I was to go into surgery. It took like 20 minutes for them to get me prepped which meant Jay was not with me that whole time. He said he had started to get nervous that something had gone wrong. All the family got to come meet him while we were in recovery. Then we were finally in our room and resting. We had an amazing time at the hospital. The nurses were great and took wonderful care of us. We had tons of visitors and loved showing him off. We are so thankful Carter is finally here and we could not be happier!!! He is an amazing little man. I will write later about him and all of his characteristics and hopefully post more pictures.

Carter's stats...
Born on Friday, February 26, 2010
Weighing 7 lbs 10.5 oz
20.5 inches long

No comments:

Post a Comment