Friday, March 19, 2010

3 weeks...and the joys of mommyhood

Carter is three weeks old today. I know that is still so little but I seriously can't believe he is already three weeks old. The last three weeks have gone by so fast. He is still just as sweet as ever but is also showing us his little temper tantrums when he is hungry. I didn't know three week old babies could throw such a fit but boy can he ever! He screams and turns bright red with his fists in the air. Sometimes it breaks my heart and sometimes I just can't help but laugh. It's so cute! I hope this isn't a glimpse into what is to come with tantrums. He is still having some good nights where he lets mommy sleep for 5-6 hours and other nights he doesn't even make it two hours. I am still trying to figure him out. Mornings are usually a pretty good time for him. He likes to lay in his boppy on the couch and look up at the sky out our big front window. It is really cute how he just stares at the sky. My favorite moment this week was one evening when I was reading him a story in our new glider. I had him facing out so that he could look at the book but he decided he would rather watch his mommy's face. He turned himself around and stared up at my face the entire time I was reading. He stares so intensely too. I just fall in love with him even more in those precious moments. I feel like we are starting to see some of his personality. This may sound silly but I feel like he is really going to be a "people" person. He really looks at people and focuses on them when they talk to him. During one of our lactation appointments Carter and I were just talking while we waited for the doctor to come in. Our lactation lady was in there with us and couldn't believe how much Carter was connecting to me while I was talking to him. She said not all babies focus on people like that. I know I am probably bragging but I really love this little guy and I think he is pretty special. I still loving being at home with him and cannot imagine going back to work in May. That will break my heart! Praise the Lord I have the opportunity to just go back part time! The days that Jay is at work sometimes get long. I really don't want to be that wife where as soon as the husband walks in the door I throw the baby at him. But...there are some evenings at 7 that I have had that thought. I'm sure only fellow moms can relate. Evenings seem to be when Carter needs mommy the most but it is also when mommy wants to make dinner for daddy. ;) He is such a sweet boy though and we couldn't be prouder parents. I will post some new pics soon too!

1 comment:

  1. I remember the evenings being the hardest time. I would often take Grace out in her stroller and go for a long walk as that would almost always calm her down. Glad you are enjoying motherhood so much. There is nothing like it.

    ReplyDelete