Thursday, July 12, 2012

4th of July

Our 4th of July was pretty laid back.  Jay worked till 3 and the kids and I stayed home for the day.  Then we rushed off to the Stayton parade which Carter loved.  On our way home from the parade we stopped and spent just a few dollars on fireworks and then ate dinner at Five Guys.  We all love Five Guys :)  Everytime we drive by Five Guys, Carter says "eat Five Guys burgers and fries."  So cute. 










After dinner we just spent some time at home.  I cleaned a bit and Jay and Carter went to the store.  They came home with a fun surprise for me.  Jay bought a patio swing so once they got home we all hung out in the front yard while Jay put together the swing.  He found it really on sale at Fred Meyer.  It was a fun surprise.  Now we just need to get out backyard presentable so that we will actually want to hang out back there.  We actually had some friends over for dinner the other night and set it up at the top of the driveway because we are too embarressed to be in our backyard. 





After the swing was built and we spent some time swinging as a family we put Madelynn to bed and did a few little fireworks on our street.  Carter really enjoyed it.  He was actually a little nervous and snuggled in my lap, which I LOVED!  





Next year we will go see some big fireworks but I just wasn't up to it this year with two little kids.  



Honestly some of my favorite days are the days we are just home as a family.  I love my family and feel very blessed!

The picture below was so funny.  He was sitting on the curb just waiting so patiently for the fireworks.  As soon as I lifted up the camera he turned all the way around so that I couldn't take his picture.  






It was a great day celebrating the 4th. 


No comments:

Post a Comment