Saturday, July 7, 2012

2012 Week #20

Classic Macaroni Salad

I made this for my sidedish at our Wednesday nights in the park with our church.  During the summer our church gets together every Wednesday night at Wes Bennet park.  We just have to bring a sidedish and then hotdogs and drinks are provided.  I tried a new salad and liked it a lot. 




2 Cups uncooked elbow macaroni
1 cup fat-free mayonnaise
2 tablespoons sweet pickle relish
2 teaspoons sugar
3/4 teaspoon ground mustard
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon pepper
1/2 cup chopped celery
1/3 cup chopped carrot
1/4 cup chopped onion
1 hard-boiled egg, sliced (I did 2 because I wanted a little more egg in it)
dash paprika (as you can see I did a little more than a dash)

Cook macaroni; drain and rinse with cold water.  Cool completely.  For dressing, in a small bowl, combine the mayo, pickle relish, sugar, mustard, salt, and pepper.  In a large bowl, combine the macaroni, celery, carrot, and onion.  Add dressing and toss gently to coat.  Refrigerate until serving.  Garnish with egg and paprika. 

I mixed the egg in with the salad rather than just garnish with it.  I liked the egg in it. 

I am cheating a little by counting this as one of my new meals but I'm doing it anyway.  I tried something new to eat so it counts in my eyes :)

No comments:

Post a Comment