Wednesday, November 17, 2010

3 years ago today...

Three years ago today I met you Jay. That day still stands out in my head so vividly! We have many people to be thankful for! Many people came together to make a plan and they made sure it happened. They were planning and scheming long before either of us knew anything about it. I remember driving up to Jeanette's house just a minute or so after you in your red mustang, and I thought two things. 1. Wow, cool car. 2. I don't want to meet him standing on the front porch so I am going to wait in the car for a minute. It was dark out so I couldn't see you very well but I knew you were tall. I knocked on the door of a house where I really knew no one and met 10 wonderful people including you. My first impression of you was tall and handsome. You leaned over to me and shook my hand, which impressed me. The rest of the evening was spent talking as a group and getting to know each other. Although, I use the words "each other" very loosely since mostly it was everyone getting to know me. I will always remember Leon asking me so many questions. You would think it would have made me nervous but I actually felt right at home. The Grumbo's and van Niekirks have a way of making people feel comfortable. I am so thankful for that day! I didn't know then that I would soon marry you but I knew I liked you and wanted to know more about you. I know most people remember their wedding anniversary the most but I feel like this anniversary is pretty special too. I love you Jay and I am so glad we met. You have changed my whole world! I feel like the most blessed girl on earth to get to spend the rest of my life with you! I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment