Sunday, June 19, 2011

Happy Father's Day!

I don't think words are needed to describe how I feel about these two pictures. This is the amazing gift that God gave when he created dad's and their sons. I love these two guys so much.
Jay was building my cupboards for the laundry room that I was able to buy with birthday money and Carter wanted to help. He was right in there trying to do exactly what daddy did and Jay was so patient and let him do it. I know Carter won't remember this but this is just foreshadowing for what it will be like for Carter as he grows up with such a great dad! He is going to make so many thousands of memories with his dad!

Since it is Father's Day today...what would a blog be without a little tribute to the best dad in the world?

Carter LOVES his daddy! Here are just a few things that Carter does to show us how much he actually loves his daddy...

When he heres an ambulance, he gets so excited and says dadadada with a big smile on his face.

When he hears the screen door open when Jay is getting home from work, his whole world stops and he RUNS to the front door and dives into Jay's arms!

Many times lately, he chooses Jay over me. The other night he had a really bad night and was up for a few hours, we think because of teething. Jay got up to help and Carter wanted nothing to do with me. It broke my heart but it also filled me with so much joy.

He loves going everywhere with Jay. If Jay goes outside, Carter stands at the door yelling at him until he comes back or comes to get him.

I love how Carter's mouth is shaped when he is really concentrating.

Jay...
You light up Carter's world. He looks up to you and admires you! I see so much love in your eyes when you see Carter and talk about him. Thank you for being there for both of us and being a stable, loving dad to Carter. Carter is one blessed little boy! I love you Jay and Happy Father's Day!



Chunky monkey!

He hated it when the doors of the cupboard were closed. This is the reaction we got every time.

This entertained him for days!


No comments:

Post a Comment