Thursday, July 15, 2010

Diapers and baby food...

I just wanted to share my opinion on diapers. I am really amazed at how different each brand of diapers are and how some can be wonderful and hold everything in and others...I ask myself why I even had a diaper on him. So far out of four brands of diapers that I have used, I know that I like huggies and kirkland and I don't like pampers and luvs. I am curious if others have the same opinion as I do.

Now enough about diapers and I am sure some of you are thinking it is ridiculous that I even put that on my blog but I am seriously frustrated that all diapers don't work the same. This is after having poop half way up my arm before I realized that his diaper had not worked at all!

Now onto baby food...
I bought Carter five little jars of baby food this week and tried the peas last night. Let me tell you...he hated them!! He amused me and continued to eat them but made the cutest/saddest/funniest face every time he had another bite. So funny!! Today I decided to try making my own baby food which I am super excited about! I did zucchini squash and yellow squash, peeled them, cut them into pieces, steamed them, and mushed them up in my little mixer thing. I got the great idea from my friend Amanda to put it in ice cube trays and freeze it! Carter loved it!! He made a face for the first bite and after that I couldn't get the spoon in his mouth fast enough! I am so excited to make his food for him and am looking forward to trying different veggies and eventually fruits.

Oh and Carter is rolling over so well now. A few nights ago he just decided he was tired of only rolling one time and then getting stuck on his belly and he just took off. He rolls all over and runs into things now too. Of course it seems like when a grandparent wants to see his new trick, he just lays there and smiles at them. But he really can do it and he does it a lot!!

1 comment:

  1. I don't like luvs either but I LOVE pampers! SO funny how we all have our preferances! And way to go on making baby food! Sounds like you're doing a great job at it!

    ReplyDelete