Saturday, June 12, 2010

My new normal...

Yesterday was my last day of teaching. This could be for a year, a couple years, forever, or I suppose if things changed drastically, only for the summer. As of now I am not teaching next year. I am going into this summer believing I will be home with my Carter man next year. I am leaving a school that I love with all my heart. I believe in WCS and trust that God has BIG plans for it in the future. For now, enrollment is down and they just couldn't bring everyone back next year. I was one of many moving on to different things. For me they could be bigger and better things. For others, it was a very sad day yesterday. The reason I say bigger and better is not because I don't love teaching. I do love teaching and if I have to work, it is the only thing I ever picture myself doing. But...I am one of the lucky ones in that I want to be at home with my baby. I wasn't planning on doing it next year but the Lord had bigger plans for me than I could ever imagine. I was afraid being home with Carter was in the far off distance and only a dream of mine that I couldn't reach. With the news that I was not being hired back next year, came the realization that maybe we could make it work for me to be home. Back in the fall I had been asked by a former mom of one of my students to home school her daughter next year. I had to say no because I was planning on job sharing with my dear friend Buffi next year. With the news of no job next year, I quickly found her and asked if she still wanted me to home school her daughter. She was thrilled and said it was a huge blessing. I know God was working all the details together for both her and I. I will have her four days a week, four hours a day. I get to be home with Carter the whole time! We can't quite afford for me to not bring in any income so this home schooling option is perfect. I still may need to do a little bit more like a little tutoring but I trust that God will provide and we will work hard to help this plan work! I didn't know how I would feel yesterday, leaving a place that I love. I thought I might be sad but I hadn't been feeling the emotions throughout the week that I thought I would. It was sad to say good-bye but I expected more sadness. I love those families, kids, teachers, and staff more than I can express however I also know I get to do what I am best at. I get to raise my son the way I truly want to! WCS has been one of the biggest blessings of my life!! I have met some of my closest friends, been blessed by so many of the parents and kids, and even met my husband because of that school. I am sad to say good-bye but am looking forward to a new adventure. I do feel like I will go back at some point if they are able to ever offer me a job again with Buffi. I am so thankful for my five years there and will always hold WCS close to my heart. And they are always in my prayers!

No comments:

Post a Comment